Pages

Monday 3 November 2014

Closet Confidential Tag

Hey Yal,

I thought I’d give yal a little peak into my closet and decided to do the closet confidential tag as I’ve seen these going round the blogosphere. They seem FUN and I thought, hey…why not???

1.  What is the oldest item in your Closet?
The oldest item in my wardrobe right now is this round skirt from River Island. When it comes to my clothes, I am not much of a hoarder so this skirt only dates back 6 years. River Island provided me with my first opportunity in the fashion/retail industry and this skirt was my first purchase retailing at approximately £30.00. It was love at first sight!





2.  What is the newest item in your Closet?
The newest item in my closet is a pair of Olcay Gulsen 6in pump that I finally ordered after staring at a million pictures of Angela Simmons’s feet. Olcay Gulsen doesn’t deliver to the United Kingdom and it made the ordering process a pain in the tush but a big massive THANK YOU to my friend Irene who never fails to put a smile on my face. She literally makes everything happen for me. She had a friend in the states order them on my behalf and delivered to me.






3.  What is the most expensive item?
The most expensive item in my closet is my pair of Anouk Suede & Metallic Degrade Jimmy Choo Pumps. I bought these on a whim last year from Net-A-Porter for just over £350.00 (Thanks to a friend who hooked me up with discount) after seeing them on Thandie Newton and they may just be the best thing that ever happened to me. I wore them for the first time whilst on vacation in Morocco and later to a friend’s wedding last month and I can tell you this for free, THEY ARE SO COMFORTABLE. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE them.






4.  What is the cheapest/most affordable item (that you use/wear a lot)?
The cheapest/most affordable items in my closet are currently handbags. The first is my vintage handbag from Dirty Blonde (circa, 2010) that cost me a mere £15. This has been my everyday bag for three years and counting and it has yet to fail me. It transitions very well between seasons and matches well with any outfit I put together.
The second is a clutch I bought from Primark (circa. 2012) for just £6. I loved this clutch so much; I also bought the nude one which was featured on my first OOTD post. These clutches are so edgy and can be dressed up or down but the best thing about them is the amount of things I can fit into them. Primark really hit the W with this one.





5.  What was the biggest bargain?
The biggest bargains in my closet include: a pair of leather upper and lining shoes and a SILK fit and flares dress. Both were from Marks and Spencer and both only cost me £4 each. Every time I stare at these items, I still can’t believe my sheer luck. Initially, I laid eyes on these shoes when they were £99 but I denied myself because I didn’t count the shoes a necessity until they were reduced to £4. I love them because the leather upper is pony hair and the color is just so FALL appropriate. Whenever I wear them (with an all black outfit ofcourse) they instantly make me look catwalk worthy.






The dress is just my absolute favourite and that’s saying a lot considering I don’t wear dresses often.  However, I was sold when I observed the color, the fit and the length on me. I think my obsession with the ‘50s at the time may have also cemented my decision to purchase it but for £4, I really couldn’t resist.



6.  What was the biggest waste of money?
The biggest waste of money in my closet right now…. DOESN’T EXIST!!! I have a rule that applies to the way I shop and that is ..IF I DON’T LOVE IT IN THE STORE, I WON’T LOVE IT WHEN I GET HOME. If I’m ever in doubt, I take a few days to think about it, if I can live without it, I SIMPLY DON’T BUY IT but if I start having dreams about it, well, you know the rest!
As I said earlier, I’m not a hoarder when it comes to my clothes. If there’s anything that I am not feeling anymore, I will simply give it away or donate it to charity. That way, someone gets a good wear out of it.

7.  Show us your three favourite items right now
My three favourite items right now are my Hayden super-ripped jeans, every single BRALET owned and my khaki duster coat from Topshop.
I tend to only wear denim if I’m going on a night out or can’t be bothered to dress up but what I love about this pair which cost me £15, is that it works for both my circumstances. I can pair this with a white tee in both scenarios and just change my shoes and I’m ready to rock out!




Bralets are my answer to every fashion emergency. If I don’t know what I’m wearing a hour before I need to leave my house or don’t wanna make a fuss over my outfit, I put on a bralet, some high waisted pants and my leather jacket and I’m ready to go. I own an array of bralets/crop tops (some which aren’t pictured), which is weird considering it, is cold in England most of the year.



This coat is just pure indulgence. It is a perfect example of my ‘if you have dreams about it..’ pieces. The downside to that rule is making sure it is not sold out everywhere before you decide you need it. It took me three trips to three different Topshop stores to find this coat and I am glad this baby is finally part of my closet.




I hope you enjoyed the little peak into my closet. If you’ve done the tag, leave your links below. I'd love to read/watch your responses.
Let me know what your favourite items were and I’ll see you in my next post.

Love Always,

Destini XO

No comments:

Post a Comment